- Viewing Hong Kong at night from atop Victoria Peak. I don't think it matters how dirty a city is; I always think cities are incredibly beautiful at night with all the lights. Victoria Peak provides a great view of Hong Kong.
- Riding an elephant today!
- Riding a bamboo raft (also today).
- Renting a motorcycle and riding one for the first time in my life. It's lots of fun and much easier than I expected.
- Eating some great non-Chinese food. It's been nice to take a break from the standard dong bei (north east) Chinese cuisine. Highlights so far have been the Indian and Italian food we got in Hong Kong, the Mexican food we got last night in Chiang Mai, and all the Thai food we've had. Thai food is really, really good, and I still haven't gotten pad thai, which is what I always get at Thai restaurants in Seattle.
- In the "it's a small world after all" category: on our trek today (that included the elephant ride and bamboo raft ride, among other things), Drew and I were in a group with 6 other people. One of the 6 people graduated from my high school (Kentwood high school) in 2002, 2 years after me, and we knew some of the same people. What are the chances?
Tomorrow we're flying to Krabi in south Thailand where we'll spend a few days.