I’ve just released VCR 2.0.0 final. This marks the culmination of 6 months of work, and involved re-writing large portions of VCR.
VCR 2 is far more flexible than VCR 1.x ever was. The Upgrade doc has a high-level listing of most of the new features. I’ve also blogged about the new stuff:
- Custom Request Matchers in VCR 2.0
- Cassettes in VCR 2.0
- VCR 2.0.0 RC Released!
- VCR 2.0.0 RC2 Released!
I couldn’t have developed VCR 2 on my own. Thanks to:
- David Balatero, for help with Typhoeus integration.
- Bartosz Blimke, for help with WebMock integration.
- Wesley Beary, for help with Excon integration.
- Ryan Bates, for the great idea to improve VCR’s integration with RSpec using metadata RSpec metadata.
- Loren Segal, for patiently answering all my noob YARD questions.
- Jeff Pollard, for reviewing code and giving great feedback.
- Avdi Grimm, for several ideas for new features.
- Everyone who submitted patches for VCR: 2.0:
- Benjamin Oakes
- Flaviu Simihaian
- Michael Lavrisha
- Paco Guzmán
- Ryan Bates
- Sathya Sekaran
- Carlos Kirkconnell
- The Travis CI crew. Travis has made it so easy to keep VCR’s tests passing against multiple ruby interpreters!
- Everyone who tried one of the VCR 2.0 preleases and gave me feedback.